I had a vision. Go time!
After a quick sanding, to remove any imperfections, I used a hand broom and Shop Vac to clear off any remaining dust.
Once completely dry, I used one coat of amber Bulls Eye Shellac to finish and seal the entire chest.
After the shellac was thoroughly dry, we added standard and safety hinges- to protect curious little fingers from the heavy lid.
Such a vast improvement!
old new chest can easily store blankets, toys, books…and two children. Tried and tested.
It's amazing what a can of stain and a little shellac can do to update wood pieces around the house.
Try it and see. Feel free to link to your before and after photos. We'd love to check out your projects.
XOXO From My Hearth to Yours
***Don't forget to enter the Babo Botanicals GIVEAWAY this week! Each reader has up to 4 chances to win three amazing products.
P.S. "Like" From My Hearth to Yours on Facebook here to stick around for updates, reader tips/comments and news.